VP of Marketing
The VP of Marketing is a key member of the leadership team, instrumental to the future success and ultimately responsible for the company’s growth of top-line metrics, acquisition of millions of new users, sustainable growth, escalation of brand awareness and expansion into new markets.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Marketing will work closely with product, marketing, analytics and engineering to facilitate continual growth of the end users and build a world class marketing organization. Verifly is looking for an executive with a proven track record of driving growth results for a high-profile brand and platform. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader who is creative and isn’t afraid to take risks. You will have a diverse background working cross-functionally in a variety of capacities—including product, strategy, marketing, and analytics.
- Develop and execute a cohesive marketing strategy across owned, earned, and paid channels.
- Consistently generate profitable revenue growth and build brand equity.
- Exhibit poise, composure, and dynamism to motivate and instill confidence among the rest of the executives, team, and company.
- Define, regularly report on, and optimize key marketing KPI's.
- Drive budget allocation between channels and lead the campaign-specific strategy to optimize for conversion and CAC.
- Work with creative, product, engineering, and our insurance team to own the testing pipeline and strategy.
- Lead implementation (including cross functional work with creative, engineering, insurance, external agencies) of all campaigns.
- Channels include, but are not limited to Digital (SEM, Facebook, UAC, ASA, Retargeting), Offline, PR, Email, Content / SEO / App Store Optimization.
- Manage marketing calendar, budget and KPIs, including ongoing analysis and reporting.
- Perform deep analysis to better understand our consumer segments and behaviors to improve the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Communicate performance to internal leadership and stakeholders to promote shared understanding of performance marketing strategy, ROI, and opportunities.
- Define data needs with engineering to ensure accurate and timely data capabilities used in customer analysis, recurring dashboards, and any other customer and transactional needs.
- Oversee and direct the evaluation, implementation, and management of marketing technology systems (e.g., automation, attribution, analytics).
- Lead customer insights with Product across quantitative and qualitative methodologies to better define, segment and target our customer.
- Support new product development with audience insights and demand verification.
- Work with CEO to ensure all customer touchpoints are consistent with brand.
- Work with Creative and Content to develop best practices for paid acquisition.
- 7+ years of relevant consumer marketing experience in a highly-competitive consumer-facing or SMB-focused venture-backed startup.
- Experience marketing a mobile-first product including native apps.
- Expertise in growth forecasting and building multi-channel growth models.
- Analytical thinker with exceptional command of data and appreciation for brand storytelling.
- Mastery of a broad array of paid channels and willingness to learn and adopt new ones.
- Significant package including generous stock options
- Build and deploy insurance products that help people live better lives
- Hardware of your choice
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 20 days paid vacation plus company-wide holidays
- LES office - Bowery / Broome (and a pair of house dogs!)
- Bagel Mondays & team outings